I really like Apple Remote because of its size and design. Only one drawback, it’s quite difficult to find the combination of the keys to do some tasks such as pair and unpair remote. As a result, I am trying to put up the combinations that I’ve found .
* To pair the remote with Macbook : Menu + Select/Play/Pause
* To unpair the remote with Macbook : Menu + Previou/Rewind
To pair Apple TV with the included remote
* Choose Settings from the Apple TV main menu.
* Choose Pair Remote Control.
You can also press and hold the Menu and Next/Fast-forward buttons for 6 seconds to pair Apple TV and the remote.
To unpair Apple TV with a previously paired remote
1. Choose Settings from the Apple TV main menu.
2. Choose Unpair Remote.
When you’ve successfully unpaired the lost remote, Apple TV displays a broken chainlink () symbol above a picture of a remote. You can now pair Apple TV with a new remote.