OK, here is my problem. My internet here in Melbourne is cheapter from 2am – 11am. So I’d like to schedule Transmission – a bit torrent application – to start automatically every night at 2am. Here is what I did.
- Open Automator and drag the Launch Application to the work flow area
- Choose your desired application
- Now save your automator go File > Save and choose save as Application
- Now it’s time to schedule your script. Launch iCal and create an event
- Choose your desired time
- On Alarm option choose to open file and choose your created automator
With the combination of Automator and iCal, we can set the timer of any applicaiton to auto start with only a few click. I think it’s a cool thing about Leopard.