Favicon is a little icon infront of your URL in the address bar and tab (if your browser supported) . You can see that I have my own picture as my favicon. Here how I did it.
- Prepare your image and resize your picture to 16 x 16 pixel using your favorite editor. I prefer ImageTool , it’s free and lightweight.
- Now convert your resized image using ImageWell (also free ^_^) to .ico format.
Favicon & OSX
- Launch IcoMaker and drag your prepared picture to IcoMaker application.
- Save the file as favicon.ico and upload it into the root directory of your website.
- Check if you index page has this code in “head” tag
- Done ! refresh your page and you will see your lovely favicon ^_^
UPDATE I just found the easiest way to create favicon here. This website can help you create favicon with your own image or you can create your own favicon from scratch.